Rüsselsheim..
This place is a town in Frankfurt, Germany. This place is where I was born, where I grew up. My relatives, my friends, my old school, my ex teachers.. everyone is there.

Turks, Germans, Italians, French, Arabs.. A lot of different nations live there. All of them live together in a harmony.


And the roads are very clean and orderly. Every person keeps the habitat clean. This is very important theme there. There are seperate ways for cars, pedestrians and bicycles. You have to get a bicycle licence in class 4.


As a child you have to go to school. And you have to learn German as a foreign person. When you are five years old you have to go to kindergarten. You learn speaking German there. You learn it very easily. And then you start to live the life in German and in time your Turkish will be worse. The school is a playground for children. You study but while you are studying, you play, you have fun, you are happy. And the best side is: THERE ISN'T A UNIVERSITY ENTERANCE EXAM!
You can have a lot of friends from different nations there. The cultures, pleasures, appearances are different but the common valve is your friendship.
Yes, Germany is very wonderful but now I think Turkey is better. I know it is because of my relatives. People grow up between two cultures in Germany. The Turks say :"In Turkey you are a German, in Germany you are a foreigner." I think this is very sad for them. This is the cause why we came to Turkey for good. For the foreigners the life is very difficult in Germany.
I think we are very lucky, because we live in Turkey. Every person is happy in his/her country.

By Zehra UZUN