Our Voice In English : When and where were you born ?

Ahmet Pılığ : I was born in Korgan, Ordu, in 1970.

O.V.I.E. : Which schools did you attend ?

A.P. : I first attented Korgan Merkez Primary School. Then secondary school of Korgan İHL. In 1985, I attented Korgan IHL. For the last year of the school I went to Üsküdar İHL and I was graduated from there in 1989. In the same year, I succeeded in the university exams, and I enrolled in Bosphorus University, Turkish Language and Literature Department. In june of 1995, I was graduated from the university. Since 1996, I have been working as a teacher in several schools.

O.V.I.E. : Why did you choose Literature and is being teacher, your dream job ?

A.P. : I have no reason, but in the beginning, I wanted to be a doctor but I saw my deficiencies in science and maths when I was at seventh class. Then I decided to improve myself through social sciences. And I was perfectly good at social sciences. Day by day I loved to deal with literature, especially old Ottoman Turkish, divan literature. I frankly say, to teach literature became my dream as years went by.


A.P. : I prefer dealing with old Ottoman divan literature, but nowadays I like dealing with Turkish grammar, too.O.V.I.E. : On which subject are you better in the literature ?

O.V.I.E. : According to you, what are the secrets of teaching ?

A.P. : For me, the secrets of teaching are honesty, responsibilty and hummanity.

O.V.I.E. : Do you like students ?


A.P. : Yes, but sometimes, they make me angry and I don't like this. This is my inefficiency, frankly by to say.

O.V.I.E. : What do you do in your free time ?

A.P. : In my free time, I spend time with my family, with children, read books and watch TV.

O.V.I.E. : What are your hobbies ?

A.P. : Swimming and farming ( picking up hazelnut )

O.V.I.E. : What's your favorite;

Book and writer : Turkish novels by Tanpınar, Peyami Safa,

Turkish poetry by Divan poets and modern age Turkish poets such as Sezai Karakoç, Necip Fazıl Kısakürek, İsmet Özel..

Literary Character : I mentioned them above, I mean, I gave the names I like. No comment.

Film : Science - Fiction films, such as Lord of the Rings, Starn Wars series and message.

Director : Steven Spielberg, George Lucas and Mustafa Akkad.

Scientific Man : Einstein and Karl Popper.

Food : Rice, Kuru fasulye and onion. ( national team )

O.V.I.E : When and where did you get married ?

A.P. : In December, 25, 1996 in Adapazarı Evlendirme Dairesi.

O.V.I.E. : How many children have you got ?

A.P : I have got 3 children, a boy and two girls; 12, 10, 6.

O.V.I.E. : What's your indispensable things ?

A.P : My Family, of course.

O.V.I.E. : What dou want to say to our readers ?

A.P. : I wish a good future may Allah for them.

Interview by Enes KAŞKAŞ