PENPALS: Friendship with foreigners

Hi everybody!It's my first article in here so I was indecisive about what I should choose for telling.Finally, I decided to write about this subject.

  • What is this "Penpal" ?
  • How can we have a penpal?
  • How can we send snail mail?
  Let's find answers to these questions, together!

Most people want to share theirown cultures with foreigners and also learn foreign culture of others.Well, How can we do it?
Firstly, you should know that distance isn't obstacle for a lasting friendship.
For example, I have many close penpals from S.Korea and we know all about each other like other friendships, and we agreed together to meet in Turkey or Korea before we die.
To me, friendship is really usefull in every aspect. I have been learning a foreign culture and geting information about different point of views.So I propose that you should join a penpal site and find true friend for yourself.

1. Join a site!
2. Choose nationality, gender and age range and search!
3.Start to chat ! (Tip: If you write long messages to her/him, it'll better.)
4.After chating for a long time.(It's important for that you know each other.) Then offer send snail mail.
5. Then you can send and receive gifts from your penpal.Nothing can be more exciting!

*Snail mail: Letter by the postal service.

(My gifts' pictures 'from Korea'.)





By Gülşah Sarıçam